Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Duplicate collection page template?

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but how would I duplicate a page collection page template that I'd like to tweak into another similar page? It seems the only way to do it would be to manually re-create it piece-by-piece using the same CSS naming conventions per module, but that just seems cray-cray.

I know about the workaround of making entire containers into symbols, then plopping the symbol into a new page and unlinking it, but since this is a template page, symbols can't be created when there are nested dynamic elements involved.

Just to put this in the real-world context, I'm designing my portfolio site and just set up a page for a logo item page. I want to have a similar page for my print designs and my website designs.

If this were just HTML, I would copy the page and then switch out the code that pointed to the logo-specific dynamic pieces and then point them to the print pieces, for example.

Here's the logo page as an example:
http://adrialdesigns-redesign.webflow.io/logo-design/la-reding-logo-design

Any ideas on how to do this efficiently? Thanks!

Here is my public share link: LINK

hey @adiggy, I re-create it piece-by-piece using the same CSS naming conventions :slight_smile: It's indeed a bit annoying but using the same classes you can do it fast.

If there's a better way to do it, I'll be happy to know :slight_smile:

Best

Me, too, Blaise. Thanks!

Any ideas on this other than doing it the manual way?

@adiggy great question!

A quick workaround I use right now to copy content from a Collection Template page is the following process:
- Move all of your content from the collection template page into a div block
- Duplicate that div block
- In that duplicate div block content piece, remove all bindings in the content until you have all static content with the design
- Then copy and paste that static design into the new collection template page and bind the data

Ah, okay, this clarification is actually quite helpful. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.