Duplicate Page but not the classes

Hey there,

Is there any possibility to avoid Duplicating the Classes of a Page when Duplicate the Page itself? Right now I have the problem that I cant change anything on a new page without changing the Classes (and their properties) on the complete Page. The only solution is to duplicate EVERY Class on the duplicated page but thats very laborious.

Maybe there is another quick way?

Thanks and best regards
Benjamin

1 Like

Sounds like a combo class would be the best way to do this, if the changes to the classes on the new page were small.

With that said, you could duplicate your project in Webflow. Open the new duplicate project and the original project in different tabs. Then copy/paste the duplicate project’s sections over to the original. Webflow will rename the classes automatically to avoid conflicts.

1 Like

To make copies of all classes for the different page is not a good idea if you want to keep your site consistent. Using combo classes as @myonke suggested is better then creating completely new but similar classes.

edit: ok, I guess I read it wrong, edited my post to make more sense :smiley:

Is there ae way to copy entire pages from one project to another or it’s strictly just sections?

@obnasr I typically put all of my sections in a page wrapper, (just an empty div with the overflow disabled). If you set up your pages this way, you can copy the page wrapper and paste it into a new project. Then all of the sections would post along with it.

You could easily change the setup of your page to be like this. If you need some help, lmk.

Sounds like a solid solution, thank you so much! I’ll trying making a div and moving all the page sections into it and see if it copies over to the other project nicely.

Will let you know how it goes :slight_smile:
Cheers!

Unfortunately, this is now impossible because Webflow no longer allows you to be logged into designer in two separate tabs.

They should have figured out a solution to this laborious ‘page duplication’ problem by now. When creating complex pages with lots of people, It takes many long hours to create similar pages & many days to fix the responsiveness for different breakpoints. The responsiveness should be automatic like they say…automatic like DIVI WordPress. I don’t have to spend hours worrying about classes with DIVI WordPress & I can duplicate pages with one click!

What’s up with Webflow? I thought it would improve, but there are still thousands of unanswered questions in their forums & they just can’t seem to catch up.

2 Likes

I’m having a page duplication problem also. I duplicate a page, and cant mutually independently edit the hero header background image on the original and duplicated page - even after duplicating the classes…???

1 Like

is there any solution to this? can you put it into a page div and then rename the parent div and then all the classes wont change the original pages css?

im builing mulitple landing pages to a/b test and i need to use the same layout, but im changing a bunch of stuff, so i need to add a second class to everything so it wont change it on the main page?

1 Like