Dynamic CMS and lightboxes

I have vacation rental site that I am working on that I would like to do the following:
Use Dynamic content to be able to load all the home photos 25++ in a lightbox so that there is a lead photo that when you click on it you can see all the other photos.

Have a grid on the page so I can show 6 homes with lead photos that all have the same format. I have not been able to figure out how to do this. If anyone has any insight that would be great. I did search the forum but couldn’t find out anything in particular.

LINK

You can use the multi-image gallery in the CMS to populate your Lightbox. In the Designer, you will need to nest a Lightbox under a CMS component.

Yes but I can only do that on a dynamic page so it’s works for one home but I can’t have other homes on the same page. Or at least I haven’t figured out how

Rachel Silbereis

OWNER

Phone: (435) 238-7498

Email: rachel@elementparkcity.com

www.elementparkcity.com

Unfortunately you can only use the multi-image gallery on a dynamic page, not static. You can still create a Lightbox gallery on static pages. They just won’t be able to connect to your CMS.

Ya that’s my issue. I have for some homes 40-50 images

It would be best to link to the dynamic page anyway. Also, make sure you enable responsive variants for your images via the media library.

Since your site is image heavy, aim to keep your images below 200 kb and no larger than 1280 width.

How would I do that? No the image size but the other recommendations

Rachel Silbereis

OWNER

Phone: (435) 238-7498

Email: rachel@elementparkcity.com

www.elementparkcity.com

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 11.30.11 AM

Click Enable Now in your media library. This will help optimize your images for different devices.

For compressing images, I use a program called imageoptim. It’s a drag-n-drop. ImageOptim — better Save for Web

You can also just use Photoshop. Click Export > Save for Web (Legacy).