Dynamic image displays on published site but not in Designer

Hello All,

So I’ve completed creating all my items for my collections and now I am trying to edit/design the template pages from the “Collection Page Templates” I’ve watched the video tutorial which seems pretty simple. My problem is when I try and select an item from the items pull down. some pages appear and can be edited and dome don’t. Further more when I connect the dynamic content to lets say an image and then select “get image from: (collection name)” it lets me select the type of item from the collection but doesn’t appear on the editor like shown on the video.

when I publish and view the template page however it does show and pull up the content. It’s difficult for me to rely on preview my design only after I publish and go to the page online. I hope I wrote clear enough for some understand and help…

Thank you much.

Hi @Anya, in the designer, from the drop down list in the template collection page, only the first 25 items from the collection are displayed.

If you want to see what a post that is further down the list looks like, then publish the site and open up the published url for that item.

Does this help? The team is working on solutions to remove the 25 item limit in the designer, but I do not have an ETA for that yet.

On the image issue, could you help to share the read-only link to the site? Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Also, could you take some screenshots of the image issue to show what it looks like for you? That would help enormously. Thanks in advance!

Thank you so much for the speedy reply! I understand that only 25 items can be displayed. but they are in random not only the 1st 25. I don’t really mind since editing one will have the same results on the other pages, my biggest concern is being able to see what I am editing when you preview the link below please go to the EAT template page and if you got to ben & jerry’s the image is linked to dynamic content but it does show up while I’m editing it. only the texts show up. Thank you so much for looking into this.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ocity?preview=597d2a1b6abbaa96ae75f017ace591e1

Hi @Anya, thanks, I am taking a look into this. I will respond back once I have checked this. Thanks in advance!

Ok thank you, please take your time as I mentioned the problem being the editor when it was actually the designer. Im using both now and am able to some what function. Thank you for looking into this for me

Hi @Anya I took a peek at your site but noticed the images are displaying as expected on my end. Is this still causing trouble for you?

If so, can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome for Developers

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everything is working perfect! Thanks for getting back to me :hugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.