If you’ve used Webflow CMS, chances are you noticed a few … inconsistencies with naming and UI labels.
Like how a Dynamic List is the element that lets you put Collection content on pages … and how we really never referred to the CMS in the Designer UI until very recently … and other headaches.
So we updated a few things to more consistently refer to the CMS and Collections. Same great functionality, new (hopefully) clearer naming.
Here’s a few of the more prominent changes:
- The Collections Panel is now the CMS Panel
- The Dynamic List is now the Collection List
(And that section of the Add Panel is now labeled “CMS”)
- The elements of the Collection List have been renamed in the Navigator
- Dynamic Style Settings are now Collection Style Settings
- And Collection Template Pages are now, more simply, just Collection Pages
Hopefully these changes make things clearer for everyone (including us!), but as always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts.