E-commerce solutions that work with your Webflow hosted project

The E-commerce questions is alive and well in the forum.

Before you invest too much time and money make sure that any e-commerce platform and its features are available in your country.

#E-commerce on a Webflow hosted project

For those of you wanting to keep your site in the Webflow system here is a handy list of e-commerce platforms that can be used in Webflow.

Are there any other solutions you know of that we can add to the list?

18 Likes

Great list @AlexN ! Thanks for making it. If anyone else has something to add to the list, reply to this tread. :smile:

I’m currently working on integrating square market with a site for items. www.squareup.com

2 Likes

Thanks for the list. I don’t know why there isn’t more talk about integrating eCommerce into webflow.

I’ve tried just about every solution out there. Some of my favs are:

SendOwl

SendOwl is a really amazing platform. You can sell tangible products, digital downloads, and services. You have also set up subscriptions and have your customers billed as specified intervals. If you want to offer coupons, you can do that as well.

SendOwl also has an affiliate program feature. And by that I mean that YOU can have an affiliate program. So you can get an idea of how the affiliate thing looks, here is my affiliate link: Affiliate Signup | SendOwl

The only downside is it is a bit expensive if you are a new startup or don’t make a lot of revenue from your sales because there are monthly fees. However, there are no commission fees, so that is a big plus for those who may have a lot of transactions. Keep in mind, that you will still have fees associated with processing. Stripe is integrated there and the fee for that is 2.9%.

Keep an eye on this post as I will be updating it with more!

2 Likes

@AlexN I’m looking at using Ecwid. For product SEO juice do we have to add extra code on the server side. I was reading this http://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1161241-seo and it seems like just adding the Ecwid code to a Webflow hosted site wouldn’t give any SEO power to the products.

What do you think?

1 Like

Does anyone can point me to a tutorial on how to implement an ecommerce solution on a Webflow project?

Hey,

The right E-commerce solution can very greatly depending on your specific needs. If you are selling a small amount of simple products Shopify Buy Buttons might meet your needs. With out knowing more it is hard to point you in the right direction.

This site gives a brief tutorial on how to set up buy buttons.
http://shopify-webflow.webflow.io/

2 Likes

Great @AlexN I just wanted to know how to build a simple ecommerce website in webflow, I think this will work for the moment and if I have more details I’ll let you know to see if you can help me a little more.

Thank you very much!

I have noticed Snipcart making some headlines of late.

Could this HTML/JS based cart be a viable solution for Webflow?
I ask only because I am not sure if there is a limitation in using it with Webflow…
If not it looks solid.

2 Likes

oooo! Super simple.

Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

3 Likes

snip cart looks interesting but would we need SSL on Webflow hosted site to use the PayPal Payments Pro solution and keep them on the clients site?

Update: Looks like SSL might be available through their interface…still trying to find out for certain.

Looks like inventory management would need handled on the Webflow side somehow though.

I’m interested in finding others who have a Shopify store and are using Webflow, if so, hit me up as I may be creating a small fb group as a thinkTank.

If you have an ecommerce store, and have products over $50, I’d also be interested in talking to you… about something I call Visual Story$elling, and yes, I’m using webflow to help validate this painpoint and vale prop.

thanks @AlexN for putting this list out here :wink:

@AlexN Hi Alex, this is great thank you for showing us different ecommerce integration options. I’m considering using shopify for a site I’m currently working on. What other shopify features can I embed using webflow? I would need users to be able to create accounts as well. I know shopify offers the feature, but can I embed this in a similar manner?

I was going to start learning liquid but I would love to find an easier way.

I believe that the user account function in shopify is only available for online stores not the buy button accounts.

I’m curretly working on a Webflow desing Shopify online store integration and it is going pretty smoothly.

2 Likes

I’m trying to get SendOwl to work with Webflow CMS, and wondered if anyone has figured out how to do this? Basically, I want to create a custom Collection called “Products” and use the same concept as with Blog posts, where each unique Product Page is automatically created by binding fields to the Product collection values.

But I see no way to add the unique embed code for each SendOwl product; there is no field type available in a Collection that would hold the embed code, so where would I paste the SendOwl “Add-to-Cart” embed code? Can this even be done?

If there is no way to dynamically create a product page containing a unique buy button generated from SendOwl or other commerce site, I don’t really see how Webflow can work for e-commerce. Hopefully I’m just missing something obvious…

It was very easy to integrate :smile:

Although I am stuck with changing the css of their cart - its just simple css changes - but I can’t find the right place to upload the new css that effects it like it should. Currently its not making changes at all. :frowning:

I’ve tried it in the head, body and also creating a div and naming it the same class but no luck

Anyone got any experience with this?

I’ve used ECWID before but now using SELZ https://selz.com. I prefer Selz, works perfect, fast and looks really great was well.

Can Selz be managed via CMS?
I mean… Is that a way for the client to update his own products dynamically, with no assistance from the designer? Can this be done with Selz and Webflow?

Selz has it’s own dashboard. So what you do is take the embed code from Selz and then manage the products in your Selz dashboard. Their dashboard is really user friendly and easy to udnerstand.

1 Like