Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Ecommerce API Checkout

Hi, Webflow community! I recently launched an ecommerce website for one of my clients. His product is a whiskey called Bangtail. He has requested that we now tie his checkout on Webflow to a distribution company using their API. Essentially, we want the entire checkout process to remain on his Webflow website, but the information should be sent to the 3rd party company after the user completes their order. I don’t have a ton of experience with this and was hoping for some sound advice before giving him my solution. A few questions:

1. Is this possible to do in Webflow?
  2. Will I need to use Zapier to accomplish this?
  3. Are there any examples that come to mind that work in a similar manner?

I’ll include the read-only link of course and will also include the API code that the distribution company sent to me. Thank you!!

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Bangtail Whiskey

Hi Sean,

1. Is this possible to do in Webflow?
    Yes, it should be possible in Webflow.
  2. Will I need to use Zapier to accomplish this?
    You will need an external service to accomplish it. It might be feasible with Zapier but it is not necessarily the best approach particularly if the 3rd party isn’t already a Zapier integration.
  3. Are there any examples that come to mind that work in a similar manner?
    Yes :smile:

Thanks for the response, @Gail_Ranger! Could you share any resources that might be helpful for me to figure this out?

Hi Sean

I find Integromat to be the most capable platform when the integration platform does not have native modules / apps. You should be able to get this working.

• Create an integromat webhook scenario
  • Create webflow new order webhook with the Integromat webhook endpoint
  • Continue creating the Integromat scenario using the HTTP module to make use of the Blurack api

The trickiest part could be building the items array for Blurack from the webflow items.

I’m not sure how Blurack let you test / delete orders etc during the building / testing process.

Cheers