Just over three years ago, the Webflow team — then just a little over 20 people, less than half its current size — launched Webflow CMS.
A lot of you were pretty excited. As were we. But one reaction rose above all others to take a special place in our hearts and minds. Three years later, we still cite it as an example of what we’re looking for with every new major release.
That reaction was this:
Some of you might recognize that face, even without the ample beard it now wears. Yep: that’s Waldo Broodryk, who now leads our small but diligent, speedy Customer Success team. And while we’d be lying if we said that this reaction is the reason he joined us — we’d also be lying if we said it didn’t play a part.
So why do we bring all this up today?
Well, because today we’re rolling out initial invites for the beta of Webflow Ecommerce, the product that is, in many ways, the culmination of the effort we started with Webflow CMS — the effort to make Webflow more than a presentational design tool, but a real web publishing platform.
And this time, we’d love to make you part of the launch.
So before you fire up Webflow and dig into Ecommerce today, we’d like to ask you to do a couple things for us, if you have the time:
- Start recording yourself on your webcam
- Open Webflow and start using Ecommerce, either from a blank canvas or a template
- Give your most honest, raw reaction to the tool — play with whatever features you want, for as long as you want, but keep in mind that we’re looking for your first impressions
- Export your video to MP4 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email, please state your name, location, and that you “authorize Webflow to use this video in marketing material”
Why? Because we’re looking to turn your reactions to into something very special — a glimpse at the Webflow community that we’ll share far and wide.
If we pick part of your video to include in our project, we’ll let you know when we go live.
Oh — and if you have any questions, feel free to leave them here.
The Webflow team