People react to: Ecommerce announcement

Hmm no wrong or right answer in that one :frowning: suppose its all about your clients expectations and needs.

With no firm dates to go on the client may become somewhat frustrated if the delivery of ecommerce takes too long

1 Like

Itā€™s true that not every store will need or want a full page cart. If the cart element can be designed on to fill up a page thatā€™s fine. Itā€™s just that on other pages a dynamic cart icon link will need the ability to connect to it instead of a popover modal.

:+1:

One last thing that Iā€™ll throw out there for now, is a option to convert product Add To Cart buttons to Purchase buttons. Basically some stores sell a single product or a single item at a time, and therefore itā€™s better to bypass a cart and go straight to the checkout page. This is usually a store wide setting.

2 Likes

+1 on the fonction bypassing the add to cart

1 Like

I finally see coming multiupload en checkboxes in the CMS before this update! Haha!!

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you can appreciate this ā€œfunnelā€ feature. I only bring it up because I get a lot of clients asking me about integrating ā€œclick funnelsā€ with their current e-commerce setup.

There is a third party service that takes over the Shopify checkout process via a reverse proxy so that they can offer these up-sells / order bumps. They charge $300 per month for this feature.

Finally I just hope that you keep this in mind as you finish building the beta because this might dictate how you write the code for checkout. Being able to attach the order bumps to the previous payment is key and this will alter your pipeline code.

Looking forward the beta!

1 Like

If webflow are going to charge for the funnels I hope it will be more realistic than $300pm!!! My clients moan when they have to pay $20pm :frowning:

No kidding :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not really sure how they arrived at that price point but have a look at carthook.com to see what Iā€™m talking about.

1 Like

It was mentioned above that ā€œcurrentlyā€ they are working with separate Checkout and Success page templates. Maybe combining that with cms collection lists will allow for a dummer or more manual version of ā€œfunnelingā€ and ā€œupsellingā€.

I know itā€™s not the same as an AI driven solution, but my guess is that this is an option we will be able to implement on launch.

1 Like

I can certainly see the benefits of having something like that, seems super powerful for increasing sales and certainly a selling point over other ecommerce providers.

We do need robust basics first though including a more detailed faceted search and more control over the search results page, especially if it is a large store, to help visitors find what they want and need super quickly.

If webflow canā€™t get this right then people will stick with Shopify etc.

We need webflow to be ā€˜superiorā€™ to every other offering with things like sales funnels etc within the software and therefore eliminating the need to use 3rd party software to fill the gaps.

We donā€™t want to end up with another Wordpress where everything you need to build functionality relies on plugins.

I have found if customers canā€™t find what they need asap (like an amazon experience with filtering results etc) then bye bye any sale let alone up selling.

Yes the basics are crucial too.

Webflow needs to look at building something different though. Donā€™t follow the old tired e-commerce approaches of the past. I think huge catalogs need something that Webflow will never offer. The speed just wonā€™t be there because of the flexibility Webflow is trying to build.

However, the target markets I see for Webflow are stores with medium and small catalogs, bloggers who sell digital downloads / courses, and marketers who want to sell specific products with little resistance.

This old process of browsing a huge catalog, finding a product, adding the product to your cart, clicking checkout, filling out the order page, etc. is so annoying and horrible for sales conversion.

I have lots of clients who market direct on Facebook or Instagram and go straight to a sales page for that specific page which then funnels them directly to buying that product. So event though that product might be part of their catalog they create a specific product page just for the ad that is sending the traffic over. Then the buy button goes directly to checkout and then order bumps are shown after the customer has already submitted their order with the credit card.

From what I can see in the sneak peak, Webflow would be the perfect solution for this type of flexible checkout.

1 Like

Agree with all that. Needs to be as simple and as smooth as possible. I have complete faith that the team at webflow listen to us and will deliver a fantastic ecommerce solutionā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

So is there any time line on this? Webflow is pushing really hard in social media that this feature is coming but didnā€™t the status just get changed to ā€œIn Developementā€ from ā€œPlannedā€. I canā€™t see how this will happen before a year from now or later, especially since CRUCIAL elements to e-commerce like pagination, filtering and sorting donā€™t truly exist yet in Webflow.

1 Like

This is the closest answer we will get for now.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that. Iā€™m just hoping that this time around the Webflow team will under promise and over deliver. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks. Wondering if you could clarify something - will Ecommerce functionality be available to build into existing websites on Webflow or is it a stand alone product for creating new Ecommerce specific sites?

itā€™ll work on all existing and new projects :slight_smile: As you can see from the demo videos, itā€™s just like dragging in a collection list to your project.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great - thank you!

1 Like

We were wondering if the Webflow Ecommerce will have the ability to integrate with Quickbooks?

That would be very handy! Perhaps something achievable with Zapier?

Hi! For our initial launch there will not be a specific QuickBooks integration. However, we do hope to support integrating your store data into other business solutions you use for soon after launch through a combination of options: CSV exports, API access, and Zapier triggers (as @WillNeeteson mentioned).

We certainly understand how important integrating with these other tools is for successfully running an ecommerce business.

Since payments will be processed via the storeā€™s own Stripe account, however, you will also have access to any integrations for your payments data that are supported through Stripe as well, such as their QuickBooks integration: Export account activity to QuickBooks | Stripe Documentation

6 Likes