eCommerce for Takeaway

Hello Webflow Community!

I’ve had someone approach me wanting a website for his takeaway. He wants people to be able to order food online. This in itself is relatively simple using the eCommerce functionality. What I don’t understand how to do is delivery options.

From what I can see, I can only ship to the entire UK, which I’m sure the delivery driver wouldn’t like to deliver from one side of the country to the other. I’m sure the customer wouldn’t be too happy with their cold food either.

Does anyone know how I could tackle this?

Thanks,
Tom

This will have to be a bit of a custom solution…

My initial thoughts would be to watch for the outbound postcode elements and if they fall within the acceptable range then let it through, but if it doesn’t then disable the ability to proceed.

Off the top of my head, I think it’s probably fairly simple to implement but the strongest consideration would probably be the UX for this as the process described above is at the end of the process. It would be ideal to check/push away clients upfront who don’t fit.

Hi @TomS.
Josh from Foxy here. What you’re after (and more) is possible with Foxy + Webflow. We even integrate with Google Maps so you can only allow customers to order from within a certain radius of the business location. Also, you can allow customers to pay online, in person, at store, etc.

More info about our seamless Webflow integration can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io We offer an unlimited free trial and free one-on-one onboarding. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can answer any questions or help you get started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

I almost tagged @foxy to jump in here but doubted myself on the geo capabilities.

Does Foxy provide the ability to administer/monitor client accounts from a single dashboard? It’s not a service I’ve yet used but I’ve noted how many problems it solves and it is appealing…

Hi @iratefox.
Nice! Yes, just like how you can manage multiple client sites in Webflow, you can do the same with stores in Foxy. Each store is independent and gets its own settings, billing, users, etc.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

@iratefox it was in my thought to use JavaScript to achieve this, however, I was quite worried about people using inspect element to get around this. Fortunately I wouldn’t have to push clients away that don’t fit to Webflow. I can build from scratch, I just use Webflow because writing lines and lines of code gives me burn out quite quickly now after years and years of doing it.

@foxy sounds interesting, I have actually used Foxy before a few years ago for a fashion website I built. It seems like it’s come a long way since then. Do you have the new dashboard yet? Also I’ve had a quick scan through the documentation, and I recall having to “encrypt” strings to prevent people changing prices. How would you achieve that securely with Webflow?

Thanks for the reply guys, appreciate it!

Hi @TomS.
That’s awesome that you’ve used us previously. New dashboard is being worked on and we’re aiming to have it ready by end of year.

We don’t have an easy way to encode product links/forms for Webflow yet, without having to setup a serverless app or something similar. A native approach is on our radar, but there’s no eta.

Thanks,
Josh