Streaming live at 10am (PST)

eCommerce: Product Collection Custom Field Not Appearing in Products Template

On my eCommerce Hosting I added a Custom Field (s) to my Products Collection (in Settings):

1. Short Bio RT (Rich Text)
  2. Directions
  3. Specs Full

When I add a text to the Products Template by linking its Inner Text Settings to the Fields above, the data does not appear.

There is data in the Collection - yet the container cannot link to a Collection Field (it doesn’t appear in the context/pulldown menu. And I am scrolling the list.)

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.38.08 AM

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/png-health?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=png-health&preview=8c85549bb4f8067881f460bc1adec858&pageId=5f23b87081bc2869326a8c68&itemId=5f23b87081bc28e0b76a8ebb&mode=preview
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @taps

if you want to use Rich Text fields from the Products collection, you’ll need to add a Rich Text Block element. Then it’ll show all the available connections (here’s an example of the binding menu on your website):

I assume you’ve been trying to connect it to a regular Text Block or a Paragraph, but these work only with plain text field

Please let me know if you have additional questions!
Maciej

These three Fields are Rich Text.

2. Directions
  3. Specs Full

The problem is that the Rich Text Block Elements do not appear in the Designer (in your example of the binding menu in the Designer.)

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.38.08 AM

Hi @taps

right, so there are Rich Text fields you’ve added in the CMS

2. Directions
  3. Specs Full

and in order to connect them in the Designer, you’ll need to use a special Rich Text element:

From what i can see you’re trying to connect them to either a Paragraph or a Text Block, but these will only work with plain text fields from the CMS

Hope this help :slight_smile:
Please let me know if you have additional questions!
Maciej

1 Like