Ecommerce Search

Hey guys,

I am having an issue with the search functionality in webflow on my ecommerce site I am developing. When you search for a product it won’t grab the product image or product description or anything of the kind. I have successfully found category pages but not actual products. this is a bit of a devestating discovery and I hope I won’t have to redo the entire site somewhere else. If you can’t search products then the entire ecommerce platform is essentially useless. Webflow must know this, I"m hoping I’m just missing something :slight_smile:

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @Jason_Hebert sorry you have been having issues. To better assist you please provide your live site link and your share link.

To create share link ref this video: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Happy Designing,
Brandon

https://dp-tires.webflow.io

not sure if that worked this forum is wierd. dp-tires.webflow.io is what i’m trying to type

If you type “Assurance” for example into the search box you get nothing even though there are 2 products with that in the name.

Hi @Jason_Hebert,

Here is a quick video for you: Screen Recording 2019-08-25...

Also, I did not see a link to your share link to your project. Please send that too. Also, you mentioned that you are able to search other things, but you didnt go into specifics if you had a LIVE published, paid for site?

TIA, Brandon

Umm i don’t know how else to send you the link… not sure what you are asking for here.

dp-tires.webflow.io

It is paid for. Turns out I had to manually recrawl the site to see the images but the rest of the search is still really sketchy.

As you mentioned there’s a lot of useless information on the search. I can’t figure out how to fix that. You mentioned tags, there is no tag system as far as i can tell. How do I get the product title (or post title) . and the Description? All I see is get title from “search title” no idea what that even means. I see “search title” “search description” etc.

I guess I need to find how to search dynamic content. Or is webflow not really setup for that?

Reference this link in one of my previous messages on how to create a share link.

Is there a way to search variations on products? This is not working at all. Not a fan of how awful the search is in webflow

This is a very interesting question!
For sure the variations of a product should be included in the search (article numbers etc).
We’re having the same problem.