Streaming live at 10am (PST)

eCommerce store with no payment

Hi. I have a client that requires an ‘ecommerce style’ store whereby a user can select a range of products (plus product options for each), add them to a cart but finish by sending the completed order off as a form or email, rather than go through a payment provider at the end of the process. So basically:

• Is this possible with WF
• Would I require an ecommerce hosting plan?

Thanks!

Hi @ConnectCreativeDes.
Josh from Foxy here. What you’re after is not currently possible with Webflow Ecommerce. That said, it is possible with Foxy + Webflow:

• Manage products with Webflow CMS.
  • All calculations and number crunching automatically handled.
  • Allow customers to checkout without having to provide billing info.
  • Collect any type of information you need with standard and custom checkout fields.

More info can be found here: https://www.foxy.io/webflow Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started. We’re happy to help.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi @foxy thanks for the reply - this sounds just like what I’m after. Can I bother you for a few questions please:

• Would I require Webflow ecommerce hosting for this or can i stick to the usual Webflow CMS hosting?
  • Since no actual payment or transaction takes place at the end of the cart, am I still bound by the 100 transactions per month pricing tier for the Standard package?

Many thanks for your help with this, its greatly appreciated!

Hi @ConnectCreativeDes.
No problem at all. Happy to help.

Would I require Webflow ecommerce hosting for this or can i stick to the usual Webflow CMS hosting?
Foxy will 100% replace Webflow Ecommerce and works with any of Webflow’s hosting plans. If you have multiple products that need to be managed, having CMS hosting is recommended, but not required.

Since no actual payment or transaction takes place at the end of the cart, am I still bound by the 100 transactions per month pricing tier for the Standard package?
To confirm, you get unlimited transactions with all of our plans (even the Standard plan). The main thing is that your first 100 transactions each month are included in your monthly ($20/mo) or yearly ($180/yr) pricing. Anything over that will get a .5% transaction fee from Foxy, with a minimum of 1 cent and a maximum of 15 cents.

Hope this helps some. Definitely let us know if you have any follow up questions or if a phone/Skype call would be helpful. We’ll make it happen! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Josh

Hi @foxy

Many thanks for the info. One last question! - I assume I have control of how the Checkout is configured, so for example since the customer is not physically paying for the item (but simply sending an order that the cart has gathered together and processed) I would have no need to display the ‘Payment Method’ section - is this possible? Or indeed is it possible to configure these sections (Your Email, Payment Method, Billing Address etc.)?

Thanks!

Hi @ConnectCreativeDes.
Absolutely. The payment section will be hidden. In addition, you can control what fields are shown/required/optional and you can add custom fields to the checkout (and product forms) as needed. We’ll of course walk you through everything. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Josh