Streaming live at 10am (PST)

EditorX - Custom Breakpoints

If EditorX by Wix.com has custom breakpoints, why can’t we?
I’m a big advocate for Webflow, however it seems like progress on the platforms features has REALLY slowed down over the last couple of years… Webflow, it might be time to up your game, before we all move to EditorX…

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

@ryan.archer that’s a great question regarding breakpoints in Webflow and the addition of custom breakpoints!

We don’t have custom breakpoints available at this time as it can cause a bit of CSS bloat, and a survey last year from our community shared that a few additional larger breakpoints covered around 90% of the use cases.

That said, there is always room for improvement so I appreciate it that you’re checking in.

Could you tell me a little bit more about the additional use cases you’re looking to solve for with custom breakpoints, please? When are you finding that you’d like to add extra breakpoints?

Thank you so much!

In case you’re looking for a quick fix, I’ve had a few edge cases where an element or two at a specific screen width needed to have a style or two adjusted, and have used embeds in the Designer for those edge cases. If you’re adding CSS only in an embed in the Designer it should render correctly after closing the embed window (an !important tag for each attribute would override existing styles in that breakpoint range).

<style>
@media only screen and (max-width: 1427px) {
  .heading {
    width: 100% !important;
  }
}
</style>

Once the styles are achieved, I would recommend moving that code into your page “Inside tag” settings (or at the site wide level if it’s for a global element).