Elements change position in Nav Menu

Added a navbar and noticed the menu items move when I have the menu open and select the individual items for styling.

The site works fine in preview mode. I have to refresh the page to get the menu items back to where they should be when I’m designing.

I’m using Win 8.1 with latest version of Chrome.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks,
Luke

Can you share your public link?

Here’s the preview link.

Although now the issue isn’t happening anymore.

It may be a browser thing… because for me on Mac Chrome it works okay.

It seems like your menu items have a display:inline-block instead of block by default. Maybe you can try to give them all the same class and force the display:block property.

See:

http://vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/reproduce.gif

I didn’t add any classes or change any display settings.

Maybe I guess the the display property needs to changed then if I’m using the open menu on the right setting?

But it doesn’t do it all the time. Just sometimes. I can’t seem to recreate the issue anymore though but it’s not the first time I have seen it happen.

Hi @coolhandluke, thanks for the report. It might also be some extensions in the browser that might have conflicted, do you happen to have the Open Vid google chrome extension installed (or any others?).

Thanks in advance, I am going to keep this post unlisted, but if the issue happens again, could you send a mail to support@webflow.com? The support staff will be happy to assist with this.

1 Like

Hi @cyberdave. Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried with no extensions installed and the problem still occurs. It’s very hard to recreate as it only happens intermittently. Was more curious to see if it happened to others or if it was just me. I can live with it though because it doesn’t happen often.

Thanks,
Luke

That’s cool… :slight_smile:

Hi @coolhandluke from what it sounds like, the issue may be two fold. (1) the elements definitely should be block elements if you intend for them to remain stacked and (2) the scroll bar may be slightly changing the width of the navmenu and forcing your inline-block elements to adjust accordingly.

Hard to say if #2 is 100% certain since each machine, OS, and settings can treat scroll bars differently.

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Logged into webflow using Icognito mode
CloudApp

Chrome version: 52.0.2743.82 (64-bit)
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Thank you for the detailed info and gif - we’re looking into this right now. As soon as I know more I’ll post updates here.

In the meantime, please keep an eye out for any strange behavior and post updates to this here.

Thank you!

@AntonioBalderas Thank you for the reproduction steps! We just pushed a fix for this issue, and it should no longer be appearing. After refreshing Webflow, are you able to reproduce this issue again?

1 Like

Now everything is working properly! :clap:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.