Email box not receiving form sent from the website

Hello.

My website is hosted under the custom domain roshtivon.org
When sending a contact form using the website, the G-suite info@roshtivon.org email box is supposed to receive the mail, but no mail is received, while other gmail accounts i’ve configured to receive it, do receive the mail.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you,
Naama.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/rosh-tivon?preview=870ef43399584dc57157ff1599b635ab
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Are you sending the form results to multiple email addresses? I’ve found that doing this leads to certain spam filters filtering out the emails.

Did you whitelist Webflow on the roshtivon.org domain?

Hi @Cricitem I’m sending the form results to 3 different mail addresses. Tried sending it only to the problematic one, nothing happens, no email received.

I’ve been through a similar issue and there doesn’t seem to be much help available outside of making sure you’ve whitelisted Webflow.

Hi @Naama,

It looks like the email address you were using was blacklisted by our bulk mailing provider, it could be due to fact that this is a resource mailbox like “info”. Generally speaking, when there are bulk emailers sending messages to “resource” mailboxes, i.e. not personal mailboxes, there is a higher probability of mails getting blocked by agressive spam filters.

Fortunately, Webflow built in a way to get that email removed from the Blacklist, and I have now cleared that in Webflow side.

Could you help to send another form submission and let me know if any issues?

Thanks in advance

Hi @cyberdave, thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I just sent 2 form submissions and it still doesn’t work.
In one of my tests, I did receive this message to the problematic mail box:

1 Like

Hi @naama,

Thank you so much for letting us know that you’re still experiencing this issue. I imagine that is not what you were expecting, but I’m happy to help!

Are you still experiencing this issue, or had the solution that Dave provided worked? If not, I’d be happy to provide additional assistance.

Feel free to let me know :nerd_face:

Hi @Naama,

I imagine the problematic mail is not what you were expecting, but I’m happy to help!

After some additional research and work with our team, it looks like the mail may have got bounced at your end.

Perhaps an aggressive mail filter which may also be reading the mail as a blacklist.

Every server has a blacklist. Feel free to check your own server next, and check the blacklist

The following is the mail server information on your domain

Thanks in advance, and I’ll be standing by for your response.

Hi @mistercreate, thank you so much for your help, but I’m not sure what should I be looking for, since when sending an email from my private Gmail box to the problematic email box, the email is received. Only when I send the form submission from the website, this problem occurs.

Hi @Naama,

Definitely a great question.

There is a possibility that Webflow is either not whitelisted, or has become blacklisted. This would cause the mail to bounce.

Every server has a blacklist. Feel free to check your own server next, and check the blacklist

The following is the mail server information on your domain

@mistercreate. I’ve used this tool for blacklist check and it’s all clear, the domain is found on no blacklist.

1 Like

Thank you, @Naama !

I just double checked to make sure that you are not blacklisted from our end (all clear), and then submitted an additional test.

Was this test received in your email?

Hi @mistercreate, I didn’t receive your test.

Hi @Naama,

I took in our mail logs and I can see that the message is getting sent from Webflow ok after we removed the blacklist on our end (We only have capability to remove the blacklist from our own sending side):

Email [New contact request from RoshTivon website] sent To: [info@roshtivon.org] Bcc: [-] Response: {"message":"250 OK

If the mail is not being received, then it is likely the mail is getting bounced and not making it to the incoming mail server at the receiving domain, which usually means that there is some extra agressive spam filter or other reason that the message does not make it through.

In this case, I would use a different email, or alternatively, use another method to capture and then send the form submissions to the client, i.e. using Zapier to save the info to Google Mail or Google sheets (Zapier Integration | Webflow University).

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @cyberdave and everyone, after struggling a lot with this issue, I’ve decided to use Zapier and it works great!
Thank you all for your kind help!

Naama.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.