Embedded soundcloud code is slowing load times on webflow site

Hi!

So I’ve made my website for my musical alias and have run a speed test (http://urple-eeple.webflow.io/) and found that the soundcloud iFrames I’ve used in the “Music” section are bogging down the website load time the most. I did some looking around and found that this is a common problem with all iFrames as they require a user to download all of their content before loading the webpage.

I was wondering if there might be a way to create a play button in webflow that would sit on top of a thumbnail, and by clicking the button the thumbnail and play button would hide, and be swapped out with the iframe which would begin automatic playback?

This way the iFrames are loaded on demand rather than upon loading of my home page.

Let me know if you guys know of a way to do this!

Thanks,
Peter

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

You might need custom jquery to do that.

Maybe hide the soundcloud track ID in a custom attribute, then call it up when you click on a link.

I have almost no coding knowledge. May need to learn some languages to really get the most out of my site :stuck_out_tongue: thanks for the suggestion!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.