Embedding Several YouTube Videos Slows Pageload - Is there an alternative?

Hi everybody,

I am looking for create a page for GeekWrapped that has 20+ YouTube videos embedded (like a Top 20 List).

Currently, when embedding 20 videos via the “Video” element in Webflow, that page takes 40+ seconds to load.

Is there an alternative (e.g. via YouTube’s API) to embed only video thumbnails and title and then loading the respective video on-demand, only when Play is clicked?

Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

You mentionned it. For numerous videos on a page, using the API of Youtube, or Vimeo, is the good practice. You’ll then basically have one player loaded at any given time and it will be fed with the right video url on demand.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, @vincent :slight_smile:

I am not a dev, is there a tutorial for how to embed Youtube Videos via API (e.g. sample code where one can change the API key and video ID)? I searched but couldn’t find any complete examples.

Thank you!

I’m not a dev either. It’s not super duper easy for who’s not a dev, and Vimeo’s API is a bit easier to use than Youtube’s. It’s on my list to make such a tech demo to share it with the community but so far I haven’t taken the time to collaborate with a dev for that… Sorry.

Hello webdes,

Did you try using YouTube gallery? If you are not a developer or if you don’t want to spend lots of time developing your own solution, then you will definitely like this. This is the plugin page (with demo version): YouTube Channel widget - Add YouTube Video Gallery to website (2022) - a simple installation, lots of settings and possibility to create galleries, videos and even channels on your website.

You can find the tutorial for installation here: How to Embed YouTube Video Widget on Webflow - Elfsight Apps.

I hope it will help!)

2 Likes

Thanks. I saw this but I think it only works to embed an entire channel. What I am looking for is a way to embed videos from lots of different channels next to each other on a page… Is that possible with Yottie?

Hi webdes!

Sorry for the late reply. You can form your playlist by URLs, as you see on the screenshot:

Or you can display several widgets on a page, with each having the required channel or playlist assigned. For example you can create a page with video gallery with the help of three widgets, where each line will contain videos from the assigned channel.

3 Likes

Try this method:
YouTube Optimized Embed Code Generator

Works great!

1 Like

I think you don’t need any alternative. You just follow Windows Errors Fix - A blog of Scott Johnson (Expert) because it contained 5 possible ways which help to resolve the slow youtube issue. Most of the time its due to the browser cache and after clearing the browsing cache, issue resolve but if you don’t get the solution then follow the above site.

If you get any error related to YouTube then try a blog of YouTube Not Working because a few days ago I put one plugin on my website and that cause slow loading of the web page then I looking for a solution and then found it. So try it

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.