Empty white space

I am currently in the process of creating my own website and I am coming across a strange issue. My issue is simple - I am keeping my site within the grid for responsiveness purposes, but I have a ton of open space on either side of my grid.

In all the tutorial videos I have seen the white space is not there, and the grid takes up all of their work space.

Not to mention my assets just seem small even though I am sectioning and containing my content within the allotted space.

Is this a bug? Does it go away when I publish? My preview shows me the same results.

Thank you for your time

Giovanni

Here is my public share link: Webflow - Giovanni Nasser's First Site

Hi @purpletaco Welcome to the community! :smiley:

Can you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like screenshots and your environment info really speed things up.

Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Post all updated, hope that image is not too big.

Thanks for doing that. It seems like you’re using a ultra-wide screen. If you’re using a container to center your elements on the screen, containers only take up 960px width on the canvas.

If you use sections or basic DIV blocks, they will go 100% of the width.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

So remove my containers? Won’t that mess with the responsiveness of my site? I am still confused as to what is actually being shown on peoples’ screens. No matter what - if someone has a wide screen the site they are on will look small?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.