Error - "Invalid Embed Type: Link" in lightbox

I’m getting an error when trying to use a Vimeo link in a lightbox. It was working just fine yesterday with this exact link, but now this error:

Invalid Embed Type: Link

Any ideas what’s up?

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - swiftv3

I’m seeing the problem on the second section down “Step 2: Leverage…” on the “Path to Printmaker” page. Click on that 30 second snippet button to trigger the lightbox.

27%20PM

1 Like

Not sure if this helps at all, but here’s the console output when I get that error.35%20PM

I am getting the same error at the moment. Yesterday it worked totally fine with the same link…

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

While testing I couldn’t reproduce this behavior - here is a GIF with what I’m seeing on my end.

Can you please try the following:

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance, and I’ll be standing by for your response!

I get the following error:

Thanks for your support :D!

Hi @michael,

Seems that the url that you are using corresponds to a private video.
Could you please change it to ‘Public’ and then retry?

Please let me know if this solves the problem - If not, I’m happy to help further!

Did this change recently? I’ve been using unpublished videos for as long as I’ve had webflow and never had a problem. In fact, one of the other lightboxes is still working just fine with an unpublished/private link.

We’ve not made any changes to the lightbox in regards to Vimeo links. However, there are embed link privacy settings you can control within Vimeo:

CloudApp

Can you please check these settings to make sure the video can be embedded Anywhere? Or specify that webflow.com, your webflow.io subdomain, and custom domains can use the link?

Thanks for the reply, Brando. Just double-checked my settings in Vimeo. They’re set to allow embedding anywhere.

Setting should be fine for my videos as well …

Strange thing is that there are several videos that I embedded a week ago work perfectly, but when I try to embed them again on a different page, I get the mentioned error.

Hi @michael @Chris_Scott

Thanks so much for sharing this extra information and those screenshots.

I did some more testing on this end and was able to report the issue. I’ve reported this to the team and we will investigate this further.

I’ll be sure to reach out with more details as soon as I have them — thanks for your help and patience! :bowing_man:

Hi @michael @Chris_Scott

We’ve done some more testing on this end and it appears this may be an update Vimeo made recently.

When trying to test with your video, @michael, we are getting a “Private video” message still despite your settings.
8d5ec8317f1b15c569e36d57d05cee3f9844baf8_1_690x286

We also tried embedding your video in an embed but this doesn’t work either:
546a4e373fa8e3ab313a59615f5919585d11a084_1_690x211

We also get the same results when using the video element.

We tested this further on a branch from February and the issue was happening there as well – so this appears to be stemming from Vimeo.

I also noticed that you have to have a Pro Vimeo Plan to enable “Third-party player support” which may also be causing issues here:

Can you please check with Vimeo to see what sort of embed / sharing options come with your current plan?

1 Like

I have a Pro account with them. Do I need t reach out to Vimeo to see if this is an issue on their end?

Hi @Brando,

I just wrote you a lon PM including my “read-only link” and describing the issue in detail - but in the end, when I tried to reproduce the error again, it suddenly worked.

Not sure if you or Vimeo changed anything, but now everything looks great again :wink: !

Thanks a lot!

Michael

1 Like

Awesome to hear, @michael!

We didn’t make any changes on our end regarding lightboxes, so I’m thinking Vimeo updated something on their end. Happy to hear it’s working.

@Chris_Scott I tested with your link (https://vimeo.com/266348309) and it also appears to be working! :tada:

1 Like

Great to hear! Hadn’t had a chance to test it yet, thanks for taking a look!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.