Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Exported WebFlow site appends weird characters to URL


#1

Hi All,
Recently I had a site exported from my web designer’s webflow host as HTML to my own non-Webflow host.

Prior to that we had set up the domain at Godaddy and all the associated DNS settings to point to Webflow.

The site comes up correctly 90% of the time, however I’ve noticed that around 10% of the time, the URL gets malformed with some weird characters again which leads to 404.

E.g. our site www.arx.training sometimes gets resolved to http://www.arx.training/QdiKO/ (Not the last 5 characters are randomized every time the error appears)

The error appears as:

Not Found

"The requested URL /QdiKO/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

Can anyone give me a clue as to why those 5 characters are getting appended to the URL?


#2

Hi @joe_arx

Thanks for posting about this—definitely sounds bizarre.

I did a bit of research on the issue and it sounds like this is a known issue with GoDaddy. Here is a link for more info: https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Domains/My-domain-name-not-resolving-correctly-6-random-characters-are/td-p/60782

It looks like one of their customers did find a solution though:

I changed the name servers to my host and disabled forwarding. Surprise, the issues are no longer there

if you current have forwarding enabled with GoDaddyI recommend trying this solution to see if it resolves the issue.


#3

Ah I see that makes sense - I’ll give this a try.

Many thanks Brando you rock! :slight_smile:


#4

My pleasure and thanks! :smiley:

Best of luck with this!


#5

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.