Apologies for the late reply, as I said before the deadlines past now so I’m not regularly checking back here, but I really appreciate your response and it’d be great to work out what happened!
I’ve never enabled minify in my time using Webflow, to be honest I don’t bother doing it outside of Webflow either, I don’t see the value in saving such a small amount of data, I’m sure my opinion will change as soon as I run into a case that requires it!
Nope, no changes after export, tested the site on my live server straight away, noticed the problem thought the same and opened it on my computer from the folder downloaded, same results. downloaded 2-3 times again from webflow same results, removed the only bit of custom code in the site, same results. Had me baffled, didn’t have time to remake the site before my deadline so just submitted the Webflow site, annoyingly I had a subdomain set up news.minipunch.uk and I got marked download because the domain name didn’t reference news (minipunch.webfow).
I still have the project live in my webflow account, I’ve got to dash now but I’ll re-download it since time has passed and see what comes out the other end. If not this might be something the webflow team might want to check out, can’t imagine how I’d feel if I’d spent a full 40+ hours on a site for a client and this to come out the other end, having to explain to a client the prototype I’ve been showing them just needs a “little” more work would be embarrassing.