Exporting Source Code in Safari

Hello,

I seem to be experiencing some difficulties when exporting source code in Safari 7.1.3. In the webflow dialogue box, the pagage is repordedly prepared without any errors, but when I download it, I get a document entitled “Unknown”. It is not a zip file, nor anything else for that matter, because it has no extention. I cannot open the file with archive utility or any other application.

Here is a screenshot of the “info” window for the document:

Is this a bug? Am I missing something? I would greatly appreciate any assistance, as this is for a rather urgent project.

Thanks

Hi. Even if Webflow created sites are compatible with all navigators, the Webflow designer is only supported for Chrome. It mostly works in Safari, but if you encounter an error, the answer is please switch to Chrome and test if the issue happens there too.

Really? According to the support articles, it is supported in both Chrome and Safari.
http://help.webflow.com/general/designer-user-interface#which-browsers-work-best-with-the-designer

If what you say is true, then a team member should really change this article.

I will try using Chrome and post back today.

I guess… I hope there’s nothing preventing you to use Chrome.

I found the reference:

Update to latest version of Google Chrome

The Webflow Designer is currently only supported in Google Chrome. If you experience any strange behavior and you think it could be a bug, update your version of Chrome and see if the behavior persists. If the behavior continues, move on to the next step.

Hi @mrk99, @vincent, actually, we do support Safari in the Webflow designer, but there are a few bugs at the moment, one of them affecting exports. As @vincent recommended, use Chrome for exporting until we resolve the issues with Safari and exporting.

Cheers, Dave

Thank you both. I have tried using Chrome, and it works. I hope this bug will be fixed soon, so I won’t have to be constantly switching web browsers.

Hi @mrk99, thanks for your update. I cannot give an ETA yet for this, since some code changed in Safari and we need to investigate this. We also have some other priority updates that we are working on, but we will work to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Cheers, Dave :smile:

@cyberdave,
An update, in case it helps:

I have discovered that if you simply add the .zip extention to the downloaded file and save it, it will unzip perfectly. This might help the development team, as it appears that adding the proper extention is all that needs to be done. Even if it doesn’t, it’s a valid workaround until this problem is solved.

1 Like

Please see Webflow Designer will no longer work in Safari 9.0, 9.1, and 10.0 after June 2nd, 2017