Exporting Webflow Code To BigCommerce

Hey everyone,

I have a client who is looking to create a wholesale e-commerce store, and due to the infancy of Webflow’s e-commerce platform, I will be unable to use it (for now).

I had explored options specific to wholesale and it looks like BigCommerce is one of the most feasible options. I would like to create a website in Webflow and export it’s code to BigCommerce. Does anyone know the limitations of this? Would it be a realistic idea? I had seen a previous thread related to this from 2015 saying it’s possible but requires PHP knowledge. However, BigCommerce threads say PHP files on BigCommerce are inaccessible, meaning only HMTL, CSS and JavaScript can be edited (good news for me). Not entirely sure though.

Thanks!

This is going to be a large undertaking. The template system for BigCommerce’s Stencil system is not going to work on a one-to-one basis of just copying and pasting code. Being that BC is a dynamic platform, where menu systems are driven by product categories and such, you are going to need to do a lot of work to get it to look like your Webflow design. If you’ve never worked with the BC Stencil system before, you’ll need to dig into their documentation.
Using Webflow to design the content of a page is actually quite easy, but the overall site template is a completely different matter. It can be done, but it takes a lot of work.

1 Like