Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Exporting websites

After finishing the tutorials, I found that I enjoy using the Webflow app to create pages. Now, before I take the plunge in signing up for a paid version, I would like to know what’s the best way to design in Webflow and export to another hosting service? Basically, what’s the cheapest route to take? The pricing is confusing. It looks like the only way to export code is by using Webflow’s hosting service. That doesn’t seem to make sense.

Hi @Sam_Curcio

Glad you’ve enjoyed getting to know Webflow - and don’t worry, if you are new to the platform the pricing is a little tricky to grasp.

Think of it in two parts:

Designer Plans: Gives you the tool to use, and paid plans have less limitations the higher the tier, so things like code export and white labelling, but also how many unhosted sites you can have in your dashboard. Free=2…Lite=10…Pro=Unlimited

Hosting Plans: These are attached to individual sites if you want to keep it in Webflow and use a custom domain. If you add hosting to a site btw - it doesn’t count against any site limits of the Designer plan (so you could have 10 sites on Lite + 1 or more hosted sites)

Short answer is: you need a Lite Designer, or Pro Designer plan to export sites, but you don’t need a hosting plan to export - as you say that definitely wouldn’t make sense :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the link. I am a student, so I signed up for the student discount. When I went to pay for the Lite plan, it has the same pricing as for none students. Do I need some kind code emailed to me?

Ah ok - not totally sure how that works - best to contact support@webflow.com or https://university.webflow.com/contact

@anais @PixelGeek @Waldo - could you post here with the general solution for future ref?

Hey Sam,

I asked this question a couple of days ago to Webflow as well.

They stopped with student discounts for non-hosting plans. They only give discounts for hosting, not for the lite plan.

Thanks, Dirk.

I suppose Webflow is going the same route as any other service that’s getting too big for their customers’ good. Do they have shareholders now? That’s usually a bad sign for the rest of us. Profits up, everything else down.

I am creating web projects for the university, which is offering hosting to students, so I don’t need hosting from Webflow.

Totally agree with you, Sam. I’m facing the exact same issue. They should make some kind of cheaper plan where we’re able to just export the site. $24 (one month lite plan) is way to much for code export, when using it as student.