Extending Webflow CMS item limit with Airtable

Hello!

I’m hoping to set up a marketplace-type website using webflow. However, the 3000 limit on items for e-commerce sites seems like a very big problem. Does anyone know if by using something like Airtable as my database + Zapier I’m able to extend past the item limit? Or would Airtable simply create an equivalent item in the Webflow CMS, therefore contributing to the limit?

Any other suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Francois

P.S link below will not work as I have not set up my website yet - need to know if this is possible first

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Sorry I can’t give you a conclusive answer, but until someone with more knowledge responds I’d say that yes, as you’ve mentioned, the way most integrations work is that they use the API to create an item within the CMS so that unfortunately won’t help.

Check out finsweet, they are working on a whole bunch of awesome Webflow-extending features.

More about it in this video here (starts at the right time) https://youtu.be/Eib6UqH0Yfw?t=1035

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: Indeed, they seem to be working on some awesome stuff, no release date as of yet though… Will keep an eye out for any announcements!

If you used the CMS instead of the Ecommerce plan, you could have up to 10,000 CMS items. Then you could use Webflow | Foxy.io and Easiest Airtable to Webflow integration to manage your products in Airtable and sell them from Webflow.