Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Facebook button mess up my footer

Hi there,

I think there is a glitch either with my template or with the facebook/twitter follow buttons

I tried adding them to my footer, and for some reason it goes out of place and does not appear in the list of elements, so I cannot remove it.

Can someone please take a look at why I cannot remove the second button?

Thanks in advance!

Here is my public share link: LINK

There is actually a fourth option for the button style provided by Facebook, which doesn't have the number, but Webflow didn't include it.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-button

So the only way you can achieve that is doing it manually via custom code embed.

I think you misunderstood.

I added the button, and I'm fine with they way it looks, but for some reason there is a SECOND button that I can't get rid of (the one I circled)

You are right. That button is definitely displaying weird behavior, I can't even find it in the Navigation tab!

I have moved this topic to the bugs section so the technical team at webflow can inspect this in more detail.

Hi @cjeancouture, sorry about the trouble with this - we're looking into it now. I'll post updates on the resolution here as soon as I have more info!

Hi @cjeancouture, We've taken some steps to making our symbols more reliable/stable but are unable to manually repair your symbol without accessing your site.

Have you attempted to "recreate" the symbol lately? On our end, rebuilding our footer symbol (using the same elements and classes to avoid reworking) fixes this behavior. Please let me know where you're at with this - I'll be looking out for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.