Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Facebook object is invisible

Hi, I’m adding facebook object to my page and there is only blank square. I see no button, no text. Nothing. I can put it in any part of the page and on any page of my project - same. And it’s starts from beginning, I mean there is no kind of CSS stiles has been applied. Why?

@Alexey_Borisov Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/console

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

I got it, thanks to you and your request to use Console. The problem is in Adguard! I use it and it blocks all social widgets. After off for webflow site button is appear ))

But there is another problem with widget location. I can’t make it right.

I want to put FB button from the right side of the photo, like here:

As you can see, this button and image above are the part of the DIV with flex display and right adjustment. I set fixed button size:
Capture2

When I preview it in Webflow - looks ok, button from the right side:

When I publish it to my site - www.borisov.pro/digital looks wrong:

This widget from the left and have original size. Why? And how to fix it?

It’s looks the same in Opera and Edge.

Also, another strange thing. FB object can be flex as I can see on the display panel. When I use flex and set right adjustment, the button is fly away to the left out of the object. Center adjustment do the same but closer to the object.

Any chance to get answer?

Hi @Alexey_Borisov

I’d be happy to take a closer look at this. Can you please share your Read-Only link :slight_smile:

Here, how it’s looks in webflow. I want to make adjustment to the right side. And lower the link to see how it’s looks in final.

Based on the way you have this built so far you can fix this with two steps:

1. Select the facebook button and remove the flex layout style
  2. Add negative right margin to the facebook button (I used -14px)

Here is a gif showing these steps: https://cl.ly/3W0u3X3k1S2U

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the video. The main problem that the manual tweak is fixed. It’s mean today I have 2digital number and adjustment is -14. But tomorrow it will be 3digital and then 4digital and etc. So, It should be flex with automatically right adjustment. Am I right that for now it’s kind of bug?

Hi @Alexey_Borisov

Thanks again for posting. I will definitely report this as odd behavior.

I think some of this behavior stems from the current settings on the Facebook button.

It looks like you have the button itself set to display: flex. Flexbox will create a layout for the child elements within a parent—as the facebook button has no child elements, this display setting isn’t going to change it’s appearance.

It also looks like you have a 80px width defined in the style panel of the Facebook button. By default this button has a width of 225px in the setting.
35 AM

I recommend removing the flexbox display setting and the set width from the style panel. Then set the width in the settings panel. I set the button to a width of 65px. A GIF showing these steps: https://cl.ly/3g3419070o2p

It looks like the facebook button isn’t responding as expected to this width, though, so I will definitely report this as well.

Thanks again for posting about this and I’ll respond here as soon as I have more info.

You are right, button itself has flex display. I was searching the way to adjust button to the right. And also true I set fixed size. I needed for more precise composition. I know that default size is 225, but it’s needed more for extended version of the button. In my case it’s can be tight.

Anyway, thanks for your participation. I hope this bug with FB button adjustment will be fixed soon.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.