Hi all, I’m sure this is a common design pattern in webflow, but I couldn’t find an example of it or make sense of the triggers and arrangements to best use.
I have a CMS collection of testimonials, and I want to have them fade in and out of a fixed location, with no user interaction (no hover, no click, no scrolling needed to trigger it).
My approach was…
- Bind the collection to collection display component
- Limit it to 10
- Sort it randomly
To get the fade-in place effect, I think I need to-
- Wrap each in a DIV or Link block (they are clickable, to go to the full text)
- Mark all of them as hidden and opacity 0%
- And then, via some kind of timer trigger, fade in item 1, wait 5 seconds and fade it out
- Continue through the list, and restart at the beginning once we’ve hit the last element.
Is there a reference or example for this?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree and need to find a jquery solution rather than using interactions?