Filter CMS Collection List with array of values (in my case from an Outseta custom property)

Hi All,

I found multiple ways and tutorials to filter collection lists with buttons or search fields: jetboost, finsweet, etc. and it’s great.

However what I’m trying to do is to use an array of values that I grab from Outseta (a custom property of the current user) in order to filter my collection list.

Below some explanations and here is a loom video where I explain what I’m trying to achieve.

• My collection list contains resources (webinars for example)

• Each resource has categories (e.g. App Store Optimization, Apple Search Ads, Facebook, etc.)

• During onboarding (Outseta sign up form), a user checks the categories they are interested in and it ends up as a “custom property” in Outseta

I am able to get to display this custom property in webflow by embedding this code (more info here from Outseta):

<span data-o-member="Categories"></span>

It shows something like this (depending on which categories the user chose on onboarding):

[
“App Store Optimization”,
“Apple Search Ads”,
“Google”
]

I can’t figure out how to automatically filter my collection list with these values.

I assume I have to use javascript to put the values from that array of categories into variables, that I then use to filter the collection list. Or that I use the variables to create filtering buttons that are then used to filter the collection list.

Any pointers or resource I should start with would be super helpful!

Thanks a lot,
Sylvain

Here is my public share link: Webflow - Growth Gems

I have the same problem with the filter collection list, I want to fitler with the value of a variable, but it seems is impossible. Have you yet found some solution to your problem?

Thank you, if you can share!

I use Finsweet CMS filter, usually with CMS load, plus some Javascript to populate your filter fields and trigger filtering.

It’s also possible to update the internal list data dynamically for complex date matching etc when the CMS alone cannot describe what you’re matching.

1 Like