First site published after finding my way here from Muse!

Hiya there! Perhaps my excitement is not totally warranted because I’m not technically a web designer by any means and I’m in some exceptionally stellar and awe-inspiring company here, but I’m still pretty darn excited. (I’m a photographer :camera:.)

A little background: I was one of those ex-Musers who (oh-so-thankfully) stumbled upon Webflow after being kicked to the curb by Adobe and jumped in feet first, and loved the change in direction into which Muse’s demise forced me. Despite the fact that I was days, DAYS, away from publishing my photo biz website redesign when Adobe made their announcement, I decided to just pack up, leave Muse behind, and go full force with Webflow. And I’m so glad I did. Those silver linings are pretty sweet sometimes.

And now my site is live! It’s not totally, fully done as I still have some pages that need to be fleshed out when I get more freetime and photo work slows up a bit for the season, but it’s good enough for now for what I need it to do. You can see it here: https://webflow.com/website/kristinepaulsenphotography

Things that make me really darn proud:

I love my new landing page. Gah, it’s such a huge step up from what it had been.

My animated tagline at the top just makes me happy. Webflow interactions are so darn sweet.

My little camera menu button makes me smile. :slight_smile: And it was super fun to make. Again, those interactions, tho!

I swoon over the fluid movement between sections of my image galleries. Oooh la la.

I had a blast making these bouncy arrows - it’s the little things, right?

I feel like it’s pretty easy to move around my pages, and I like that this little side nav helps with that:

For the pages I haven’t finished yet, I’m digging my landing pages and contact modal pop up thingamabobber:

It was super fun to create this wipe load effect on the editorial section of my site, which is branded a little differently than the rest of my work. I also really like the magazine cover hover interactions:

And I feel like that is far too much tooting of my own horn.

But, to sum it up, this update has been a loooong time coming, and I’m just so dang excited about it. And Webflow made it possible. Also, a HUUUUGE shout out to all the extremely kind, generous forum users who have helped with my many questions as I’ve built this! You all have made this possible too, and I’m so grateful for the fantastic community in this forum!

I’ve already received such wonderful feedback from past clients, and have gotten loads of potential inquiries for photo jobs in the 2 days since this has officially gone live, so yeah. I’m a super happy camper.

Thank you Webflow, for such a fantastic tool! :heart: Please, please, please never pull an Adobe on me! :wink:

P.S. Apologies for all the crazy gifs! I would’ve made them smaller but couldn’t quite figure out how…

9 Likes

You are SOO inspiring @KPMT :webflow_heart: this is amazing! I want to challenge this statement:

I’m not technically a web designer by any means

You ARE A WEB DESIGNER! :heart_eyes: :100:

Your website is INCREDIBLE! Wow on those interactions :exploding_head:.

The whole design really features your amazing photography work, in an easy to navigate way! :clap:

That camera menu animation literally made me fall out of my chair. Like, I had to get back up because it blew me away. WOW!!! I think that’s the most creative menu animation I’ve seen to date.

Incredible work!

Live stream of me can be found below as I opened your site and browsed through.

Visiting this site has been such an amazing experience!

Way to go! I can’t wait to see what you share next and hope that you keep building MANY more Webflow sites :man_bowing:

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this with us! :webflow_heart:

3 Likes

Holy Toledo, @Waldo, your response just blew me away! Thank you SO much for your truly kind words! I’ve worked my tail off on this (the midnight oil is running low!), and getting feedback like yours means a TON. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Also, your response is just hilarious, in the best way possible. Could you hear me cracking up from wherever you are? :smiley:

I kind of dip into web design a bit trepidatiously sometimes, so it feels good to be inspired to keep building more sites. :slight_smile: And I’ve got many more ideas up my sleeve. Can’t wait to start working on those too! Woot woot!

Thank you again! :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: SO much!

2 Likes

I second what @waldo says - this is an amazing site, full of life, and it’s staggering that this is your first Webflow site too!!

I’m sure you’ll have no problem finding Web Design clients if you choose to venture down that route at some point.

Special shout-out to one of the interactions not featured in your gifs - the subtle arrow animations on the FAQ section - niiiiice :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thank you SO much, @StuM! I’m just blown away by the response I’ve received and the extremely kind kudos - thank you thank you thank you!

I’m glad you enjoyed those FAQ arrows :slight_smile: - those were the first animated arrows I made for the site (and early on in the design of it), and once I managed that and saw what I had just made, I kind of looked like that Keanu Reeves gif, too. Haha!

Also, I’ve been meaning to give @Waldo a shout out here, because none of those nifty little animated arrows or menu button would have happened if I hadn’t stumbled across the hamburger menu project and blog post he shared. (That actual hamburger menu is so awesome.)

Thanks again! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes