First website made in Webflow

Hello everyone

What do you think of my first website made in Webflow with some custom codes?

This is my personale site, where I creates brand identity, advertising, websites and more with two concepts.

11 Likes

A pleasant looking site! I am enjoying the animation and interactions. The only jarring thing is that animations are sometimes too slow. It interferes with good ux. Make things react a bit faster to user actions and it will be just peachy.

Great job overall!

3 Likes

First site!? :open_mouth: This is awesome! Congrats

2 Likes

Well, to be honest he said “first website made in Webflow” not “my first site” :wink:

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing :joy:

This is excellent! It’s uncomplicated and beautiful. Just like your logo. Really beautiful work @rune.

1 Like

Thank you guys. This is also my first website. I have playing around with Webflow for about 6 month, learning and understanding html, CSS, JavaScript. I have a bachelors degree in Visual Communication from Haderslev in Denmark and I graduated 2 years ago. But I also have a passion to create website all by myself.

The only two things I miss in Webflow is page load content like barbajs and typography fluid for a better experience and freedom in creativity.

1 Like

Hi dram

Thank you for feedback. Which animation/interactions are too slow?

Notably the menu reveal is pretty relaxed, combined with the fact that one cannot hover and click links until they are in their final position it is frustrating a bit to wait for more than a second for the opening sequence to finish. The appearing of texts on about me or awards is slow as well. There is a fine line between serene relaxation and awkward pauses on actions, you see.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely look into that in a couple of days and I understand you, that it can be frustrating a bit to wait. The sites has been online in two weeks and I agree, that text fading in is slow on about me and awards. I can see that now. I will make it more simple and faster.

Sometimes I fall for this as well - designers get fascinated with their own work, wanting others to look at it longer, haha. But visitors just want something to happen after they press a button. The faster the better

1 Like

I’m going to respectfully disagree with part of this - I think dram’s advice is 100% true for the majority of websites and your site may benefit from a quick tune up, but given this is a portfolio site I think it’s okay things are slower.

I, as someone who is specifically interested in the design of your site (your audience), actually quite like it. If I was trying to buy a product or learn something I would be annoyed. But in this context it’s nice that your work isn’t whizzing past me. What do you think?

That said, it might be worth speeding up the navbar (I love the hover IX) and maybe play with easing types so it still feels smooth, but doesn’t take quite so long. All in all, I think you did a great job :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Great work! I’m looking forward to seeing the prints you’ll soon be selling. I’m a printmaker, myself.

1 Like

Looking really awesome @rune, great job ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Duncan, it’s not fair to disagree first but then give the same advice about speeding up the nav :wink:

I actually agree - when building a portfolio it is ok to break some usability rules (my own website left quite a few of my less tech savvy clients scratching their head, haha), all I’m saying is you need to maintain good interactive feedback. Sluggishness is not enjoyable most of the time so fine tuning is usually necessary.

1 Like

Beautiful !
What solution do you use to realize the animations?

1 Like

Absolutely love the Golden Ratio illustration, it is such an elegant way to explain logo design.

1 Like

Beautiful @rune! Love it! Really impressive for your first site!

1 Like

Just sketching and thinking, maybe looking for inspiration - experimenting in After Effects.

This website is awesome! This is my favourite part! :smiley:

I do agree that the menu load-time could be just a little bit faster, as I don’t like having to wait long to go to another page.

1 Like

Thank you. I will soon optimize the menu speed, so it feels more snappy and the page-transition for some pages.

Also I’m working on two websites which will be add later in April and the second one in May/June under Projects.

1 Like