First website made in Webflow

Great site! How long did it take you to build? I think because this is your personal site, do whatever you want. It’s your personal corner of the internet.

1 Like

About a week. Maybe two after I feel comfortable with Webflow.

REALLY great site! I’m pretty new to Webflow myself, and just curious how you achieved some of the content reveals. for example, when you click “About Me” the text sort of skews/rotates in. The shape in the background is really cool too, and as someone who doesn’t know coding all that well, I wonder how its done. Feel free to keep these things to yourself, but thought I’d ask :slight_smile:

Have you watched any of the tutorials that webflow are offering? check out the interaction tutorials :slight_smile:

I can say that the background is made of divs, blending-modes and rotations :wink:

1 Like

The menu is now faster with quicker response when hovering for desktop version.

1 Like

ah, much better! Now you simply cannot get to the links fast enough to feel any lag.

edit: I’d still sped up the text reveal on, say, about me page :wink:

Don’t worry - I will also look into that and some others things later this week. I’m working on another website at the same time for a customer :slight_smile:

oh man… been there. You work on something that brings you immediate profit while postponing your own website for a couple of days, then weeks, then you realize its been a year! Don’t fall into this trap, mate!

I won’t. I just have a couple of deadlines that comes first. My site will be finish this week.

This is brilliant Rune, congratulations on creating a successful portfolio that stands out without taking focus away from the work:)

Two small notes:
I get a swift glitch when clicking on a link in your menu. The screen turns white for a split second before loading the new page.
On a portfolio level, I’d add a photo of yourself in the about section to humanise the design a bit

Thank you Emil. Photo of myself will soon come. I don’t see the screen turn white for a second. Which browser was that?

The page load interactions are now faster, smoother and different.

Hm okay. Try to reproduce it. My settings: on Safari Version 12.1 on Mojave 10.14.4. It’s 0.1s or something but catches the eye.