Hi - I was working on translating my “portfolios” page (referred to as “portfolios Copy” in the Designer) to the iPad/mobile breakpoint. Everything was going smoothly and I was careful not to rearrange any of the elements, only change their CSS properties. I had 2 scroll animations, one for the desktop (with the other break points unselected) and one for the mobile breakpoints (with the desktop break point unselected). It all worked fine testing it. I hit publish and test in my browser…
That’s when the strangest thing happened… these two elements:
divs that are position: fixed, just seemed to be disregarding their fixed position. I have tried checking all my properties again but nothing seems to be the source of the problem. Even more inexplicable is the divs DO fix their positions when I am in the designer… it was working earlier just fine. And bizarrely, the “where boys will be boys” page had problems at the same time as the “portfolios Copy” page, even though I wasn’t working on it at all.
Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?
Here are links to the published pages, read-only site link below…
portfolios Copy page - http://portfolio-site-214a92.webflow.io/portfolios-copy
where boys will be boys page - https://portfolio-site-214a92.webflow.io/where-boys-will-be-boys
P.S. I’ve tried clearing my cookies/history, testing in both Safari and Chrome, restarting both browsers, logging in and out of webflow… nothing has worked.
P.P.S Just to provide further information, the CSS property seems to uniformly not work. If I apply it to other elements on the page, they also don’t fix to the viewport… although as you can see, my navigation items are remaining fixed as they should… so that’s quite confusing. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious but I can’t figure out what it is.
P.P.P.S. The problem is persisting onto a new page (name: Orlando)… I made this page by duplicating “where boys will be boys”, duplicating classes/animations accordingly… here is a video of the fixed-position attribute working on the designer but not working on the preview: