Fixed position background image scrolls (video included)

@bbrazis, waaaait a second, you mean the background moves as you scroll? It should not do that.

Either way, this is a bug.

As you can see, the Body’s background image is set to Fixed, but it isn’t:

So you mean you want it to not scroll with you?

Correct. This is the issue as explained in the first post.

Do you know how do we get admin/dev attention on this?

Unclick fixed on the background image.

That gives the same (undesired) result, the background image scrolls with the page, instead of staying fixed.

Oh, I misunderstood you. When I said it scrolled I mean that it was in a fixed position while you scrolled. I apologize for using the wrong terminology. So yeah, if it isn’t staying fixed for you then something is wrong because it is fixed in both the read-only and the published site.

No! That’s misinformation. It is FIXED in the read-only site as it should be. It SCROLLS in the published site.
The Designer displays it correctly, the published page does not.

Hi @daxliniere

I just tested the preview and the live site on this end and it appears the bg image is fixed as expected (GIF).

Are you by chance on a touchscreen laptop? If so there’s a known quirk where the fixed bg image doesn’t work correctly on a touchscreen laptop.

I also made a quick video showing an alternative to achieve this same design.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Yes! All tested devices have touchscreens.

I can’t believe all the problems I’m having with Webflow. The support team is great, but must have their hands full… :confused:

Amazing work that they’re paying you to make videos like that. The bosses must clearly care about customer experience. Let’s hope I can get this and other problems sorted out.

And do you know when the touchscreen bug will be fixed?

@Brando thanks for the video walk-through, but I’ve found a problem which is present my implementation and in your video.
Look at the narrow grey horizontal bar across the bottom of the viewport.

Edit: aaaand it’s really bad on mobile.

How do we get rid of that?

@Brando I realised that I can set the background section to 110% vh and this makes the bar disappear, but since I’m not a web guy, I don’t know if this will introduce other problems.

What is the best solution?

Hi @daxliniere

I’m thinking this is due to the dimensions of the image not quite covering the full dimensions of the viewport. One possible solution is to set the w and h of the bg image to 100vw / vh:

Hi @Brando. I don’t think that’s the case as the Cover option is selected.
What are all the implications of specifying 110vh for the background section?

Hi @daxliniere It’s unlikely that we will change how fixed images work on touch screen devices. You can see a full post explanation here.

What are all the implications of specifying 110vh for the background section?

I don’t see any negative implications with this – I say go for it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.