Fixed position isn't working

Hi all! I am working on a client-responsive dashboard, and I can’t get my side nav-bar (on the “Dashboard” page in the “Profile” folder) to stay fixed to the window. I cloned a few projects that had side nav-bars to see what might be the problem and looked through past forum posts since it seems I am not the only one who has had trouble with this, but I have not been able to identify what I am doing wrong. Any help is much appreciated!

Here is my site Read-Only: Link

Hey Lily,

The reason it doesn’t work is that your column 9 in the middle is set on absolute. Therefore, the columns 8 doesn’t have a sufficient height to make the sticky position do its job.

Try to put a height value in columns 8, like 200vh, then switch your column 7 to sticky position.
You’ll have to make some adjustments for the positioning, but it will work! :grinning:

Edit: you might want to try using a flex layout instead of columns. Else, column 7 seems to be stuck in the middle of the screen.

Cheers
V.

1 Like

Thank you so much! It worked after I switched to a flex layout and sticky position. :grinning: