Fixed Position Overflow HELP!

Hi!

I have a split screen design & I changed the left-hand split to a fixed position, but when you scroll all the way down the page, the left fixed side of the screen overflows into my footer. How can I fix the overflow?

I would the fixed section to stop when it meets to footer, instead of overlapping.

Here is my site (Read-Only): https://preview.webflow.com/preview/self-taught-creative?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=self-taught-creative&preview=599265574b35ec3eb634f7c75d6bdb4a&pageId=6024a881faa30048baeb981b&itemId=6024a9a563f598507a13bf2b&mode=preview

In this scenario, it would be best if you used position > sticky on the .text-column.column-1 class and you’ll have to rethink some of your other elements. For instance, I would use a grid to organize everything.

I think this video will be useful for you: Creating a sticky sidebar — Webflow tutorial - YouTube

Hi Johnelle,

I changed the position to sticky, but now the section is extending even more into the footer?

Hey! I made a quick video explaining how you can go about making the changes.
Let me know if you come across any issues.

I followed your video & it worked!!! Thank you so much, I was literally on the verge of throwing my laptop and crying into a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. THANK YOU!!!

What’s your Instagram? I want to send you a t-shirt to say thanks!

Aha! No worries, I’ve definitely been there. Glad it worked out!
And that’s so sweet :pleading_face:, I’m not very active, but my handle is @johnelle.smith