Font looks bolder in designer than published site

Hi guys, something I have noticed is that sometimes text looks different between what renders on preview (bolder), compared to the live site (as it should be). See image attached to see what I am on about. The live site’s text is on the left, the preview from designer on the right.

The font in this example is Lato (400 normal) 18pt with a 1.4em line height.

Hi @GourmetPixel

Thanks for reporting about this strange behavior. I tried to reproduce this issue, but couldn’t do so. Can you please share a preview link of the project where this is occurring so we can investigate further?

Thanks in advance,
Anna

1 Like

Hi @AnnaKelian, sure sorry I should have done that first time:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ionoco?preview=030af09a2d42368bd87175d6be1c290e

BTW I am using Chrome Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a MacBook Pro running MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.6 (16G29)

Hi Darren @Side

Thanks for sending the link. Looks like you have a code snippet in the of your site which is changing how your text appears on the live site. The code only works on a published site and not in the Designer. I’m referring to this snippet

<style>body{-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;}</style>

If you want to have the bold version on your live site, either remove the code or make your font bolder in the Designer.

​Hope this is helpful.

Aha!! wonderful, thanks @AnnaKelian - understood.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.