Form block element causing issue with Mailchimp integration

Hello!

I’ve been trying to link a form I created inside Webflow to a Mailchimp account and have been getting the “Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.” message. I followed the webflow tutorial for this word by word so all is set according to the tutorial.

Finally I was able to isolate the issue to this: When I rename the class name of the form block to “mc_embed_signup” -as it is inside the mailchimp embed code- in Chrome Dev Tools, it submits the form.

However, Webflow assigns the class name of “w-form” to the form by default. So when I rename the form block class to “mc_embed_signup”, the class is displayed as “w-form mc_embed_signup” automatically in the published site and the form doesn’t submit.

Here is the read-only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/dinner-confidential?utm_source=dinner-confidential&preview=f113f00bb90a2ced6640f635e3b21476

Would you know how to get around this issue?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Ok :slight_smile:

For anyone facing the same issue, I ended up using the embed element and copying/pasting the embed code from Mailchimp (Unstyled version) and adding the classes I had already created within WF and tweaking it a little bit from inside the embed element within the style tags.

And it worked - as it is, I can not confirm that the WF form element to Mailchimp works in any other way.

Cheers,