Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Form submissions – Email keeps unsubscribing

I have two email addresses that receive form submissions from the website. However, one of the emails seems to be unsubscribing itself and removing itself from the list. It has happened a few times now and we’re not sure why.

" The email XXX has been successfully unsubscribed from form notifications for “Prisoners’ Penfriends Website”

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/prisoners-penfriends-website?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=prisoners-penfriends-website&preview=fdede2018043191351987e1e872e6eb6&mode=preview

I have this issue too. very confused, and no idea how to fix it.

Probably related to this …

@webdev - yes, you are absolutely correct. Same issue has been going on for 3+ years. Forgive the rant here, but I believe this is very important for Webflow to address.

Direct quote from Webflow support: “If you forward or reply to a form notification email, and then that person receiving the email may click on the unsubscribe link, which then would unsubscribe your email from form notifications.” Wow.

Here’s the rub: Webflow forces us as website admins to set up our own email forwarding for all form notification emails… this is because Webflow does not allow us to send form notification emails, per form, to unique email addresses. All form notification emails have to go to the exact same email address or set of addresses; no customization. Any organization with any complexity whatsoever would prefer to send certain website form notification emails to one department, and other website forms to a different department or email address, etc.

So our hands are tied here as Webflow customers. We either have to use Zapier or Gmail filters/triggers to get the appropriate form notification to the correct email address(es) within our organization. We HAVE to forward the form notification emails, which then exposes this dumb “unsubscribe” issue, where this can happen:

Form notification email gets forwarded from admin@webflowwebsite.com to let’s say john@webflowwebsite.com because he is the correct person who should receive this particular form notification; then john@webflowwebsite.com clicks ‘unsubscribe’ and now my admin@webflowwebsite.com email address is unsubscribed from all website notification emails. Very, very dumb. Bad UX.

I have used both Zapier and Gmail to accomplish this for a couple of my clients, and both are a pretty big effort to do something that should be built into Webflow natively.

This happened to one of my clients and as a result I decided to implement a third party form processor that gave me more control. I now use that processor on all WF sites I deploy using WF Hosting.

makes sense. I just edited my post above to add clarity.

Having the same problem. We have customers and we’re trying to implement a customer support form, and they literally have the ability the ability to unsubscribe us from our own support emails! Ridiculous. We’ve gotta get this fixed.

1 Like

Which 3rd party form service did you end up using?

@thinkjay - Usebasin.com for simple forms, Typeform.com for advanced forms with logic.

1 Like

I used zapier and so far it works great. I would rather not use third party stuff but I think it where webflow is.