Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Form submissions not readable in email

Hi All,

I seem to be having a strange issue with form submissions. They are documenting correctly in Webflow, however, when they are viewed in Gmail, the entered info does not appear. Instead, we are seeing this:

-------------------------------

I’ve tried pointing to other email addresses with the same result.

Thanks for taking a look!

Here is my site Read-Only: Read Only

Actual Site

Webflow or any HTML forms don’t do that natively have you hooked up a zapier integration? The webflow form is just fields and they get stored on your account. To make that an actual email you need a third party integration like zapier.

While Zapier is a route, you can still get the form submissions via email.

In the project settings there will be a Forms section where you can enter a tag into the body element to include the data. There’s info next to it to explain the tags.

2 Likes

wow never have seen that in action. Is that covered in webflow univerisyt anywhere?

What a stupid mistake! I was combing through lines of custom code trying to figure out where I went wrong.

@iratefox Much appreciated!

@jbleroux I’ve used Zapier a bunch, however, the native Webflow push is enough for some clients.

It’ll usually look something like this:

1 Like

Thanks I forget to check updates all the time and since it wasn’t there when I started using webflow I never realized they added it.

1 Like

Here you go: Form submissions | Webflow University

Not sure if it’s been added at some point, but it’s been there in the 18 months I’ve used Webflow.

1 Like

I’m going on 5 years, I have to check things better before I answer next time. It looks like it’s been around a while .