Form will not accept email address

A form will not accept custom (yet valid) email address.

Any suggestions?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I’m going to move this to bugs since it is likely a webflow issue.

Hi @designerajb

Can you provide some further info for the team?

Is it a Webflow form - if so what does the error look like (screenshot)?

Is this in the form settings - or where the user would add their email address in the published form?

Any custom code in use? Have you tried incognito mode? Also can you provide your share link as that’s the best way for troubleshooting :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi StuM,

Thank you for replying. I have attached screen shots to help explain. I used just a basic form. No Custom code. I have not tried Incognito mode yet. And here is a share link: http://recyclealuminum.org/![test|417x500](upload://w0TZvX4f3vVpXKuctfbyxhN1Xiv.JPG)![test2|394x500](upload://6qs4xidRTi5yooIaiWmhTXOre7x.JPG)

Hi @designerajb

The share link is like a read-only version of the designer, so we can dig a little deeper - you can generate one in project settings - just above the tabs towards the right:

Hello StuM,

Here is the share link : https://preview.webflow.com/preview/arcnew?preview=81bcb500d80f846616de3b9d43b32b5f

Hey @designerajb,

I just took a look at your site. The issue is stemming from a heuristic we use to know when to do validation on an email element or not. If an input element’s name includes email then we apply the validation. It appears as though the Company Name input field name is set to email. Changing that should fix your issue.

Cheers!
– Dustan

1 Like

Hey iamdustan,

Thank you! I saw in previous posts on the forum that MailChimp may only support: First name, Last Name, and Email fields from Webflow. Would that still be true? Are additional fields accepted?
Any information on this is appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.