Forms stop working on IE11 when using Lottie

Hey guys, quick bug report here: If you use a Lottie animation on any portion of your site all web forms will stop working for Internet Explorer 11 and Edge 15. Granted, if you don’t care about those browsers, no issue. However, I had a client who needed IE11+ support and it was a big $$$ project…after about a day of troubleshooting I tracked it down.

To replicate it, see what I did in this video: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey Jason :wave:t2:

Thanks for sharing these insights, they are really helpful when it comes to uncovering these kinds of instances!

I am going to share this with my team to see if I can get any further information as far as Lottie messing with forms in IE11.

I’ll update you as soon as possible once I can get some more info.

My best,
Riley

Hi Jason,

I wanted to follow up again, and confirm that this is a bug. I have reported it to our team, and we will begin the process in identifying potential definite solutions we can put in place.

I’ll keep you updated on the progress of this, and in the meantime let me know if you uncover any additional instances in regards to this experiences.

Thanks!

Thanks Riley! May the force be with you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.