Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Forum Poll (here, not inside Webflow) with number ratings

Does anyone know how to create a poll on this forum using the "Build Poll" & "Number rating" settings? I can't figure it out. It breaks when I try to add in answers. Is there a guide somewhere? I'm willing to do the legwork if given a direction.

I just get garbage like this:

0voters

Thanks!
~B.

You might be able to find answers here, or post for help regarding the forum software

Hi Brian,

I'm not too sure what the number poll is for. Perhaps a question is meant to go before it, something like, "How many times have you used this software in the past week?" or something like that.

To create a normal poll though you'd want to choose the Multiple Choice option and then type in your choices in the text area at the bottom of the poll creation window that comes up in the forum software.

Hope that helps a bit and is what you were after?

Best wishes,

Mark

I guess that's what it's for, I was looking for actual "ranking" of items in the poll's body... like from 1 to 15, rank these items in importance. I guess that's not the function.

Yeah, I got that part. That was the easy part.

I'll look at the docs Sam gave me and see what they say.

Thanks Mark

@samliew
Thanks Sam, I'll take a look at these docs and see what they say.

Hi Brian,

Yes I'm not too sure what that poll option is exactly for. Does seem a little limited but then I might be missing something with that option too.

Sorry but I slightly jumped the gun before in saying use the multiple choice option as that's obviously if you want to give people more than one answer choice. There's also obviously the single answer (multiple answers choice) option too though.

Sorry about that.

Best wishes,

Mark

@Mark_Bowen

No worries Mark. I always appreciated having more facts & info than less. I appreciated your efforts.

Take care,
~B.

OK.

FYI: Looks perfect on the Discourse forums both in the editor and published post.

Here, not so much due to the second number condensing (wrapping) to the next line in the preview pane...

but then published...

0voters

it looks fine. Still don't understand the function, but I have a post on their forums so they can point me in the direction of the proper docs.

Thanks again!

EDIT : Figured it out. To do what I want to do I'd have to do it like:

Rank Item 1 from 1 to 15:

0voters

Rank Item 2 from 1 to 15:

0voters

Rank Item 3 from 1 to 15:

0voters

....on down to the 15th item. Not what I'm looking for. Ah well.

I wish this worked more the way I think it should. LOL

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.