Freezing Editor

Hey Webflowers and the Webflow team,

Today I got the information from my customer that the editor is freezing. She probably tried it on 2 computers and both times the same. Freeze because you can see the editor, but you can’t press anything. Scrolling works, but unfortunately, that was it.
So I tested it myself and the problem also happens to me.
After a short wait Google Chrome shows me the message:
“Oh no. Error while displaying this website”.

I strongly assume that it is a technical problem on the part of Webflow and I hope it is only temporary.
But just to be on the safe side: @Waldo and @Brando do you have any idea?

Here is the share link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/vivian-anna?utm_source=vivian-anna&preview=1c69ae8adb1237e112b868f1313c86d8

Here are my browser specifications:

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

1 Like

Hi @Dennis_K

That definitely sounds like weird behavior.

I took a look at your project in a test environment but wasn’t able to reproduce the error. Here’s a GIF showing what I’m seeing.

If you are still seeing this freezing behavior on your end, can you send me a screen recording of what you see? CloudApp or Quicktime work well for this.

It’s also possible that browser cache or browser extensions could be causing an issue here. To test for this, can you please try the following:

Thanks in advance and I’ll be standing by for your response!

Hey @Brando ,

thank you very much for your answer.
Strange that it works perfectly for you.

The problem still exists and also when using the incognito mode.
Here is a GIF of the recording for you: Link to CloudApp
And additionally a screenshot of the console: Link to CloudApp

I honestly don’t know what to do now.

Hey @Brando,

I know you must be very busy. But my client doesn’t find this problem funny and asks daily for the solution. Sorry for the pressure.

Kind regards from Germany

Dennis

Thanks very much for making that video and taking that screen shot. This is very helpful @Dennis_K!

I’ve passed this along to our team in charge of the Editor and we’re investigating this now at high priority. I don’t have a solid timeframe for you quite yet, but we’ll let you know as soon as we have new information.

Thanks again for your patience with this issue.

Hey @Brando, thanks for the update.

If I can support you in any way, please let me know.
Our client and we would be very happy if we could find a solution here as soon as possible.

Best regards from Berlin,

Dennis Karg

Hi @Dennis_K, our team has been testing but have not been able to reproduce the issue.

I still continuing to investigate, I did find some info on the javascript error that the client is receiving:

CloudApp

Here is some additional info: windows 10 - Getting Unchecked runtime.lastError on chrome whenever moving the mouse - Super User

It might be this connection getting closed is what is breaking the connection in the editor.

It could also be some firewall is the client behind a company/organization firewall ?

It may be helpful to check to see if your local browser cache is disabled in the browser that is used with the designer.

This will help to force a re-download of latest page changes when those are made, as opposed to pulling from local browser cache.

​See here as an example step by step to disable browser cache in Chrome: https://www.technipages.com/google-chrome-how-to-completely-disable-cache

As a last resort, it may help to completely uninstall chrome and then re-install. Thanks in advance.

Hey @cyberdave,

please excuse my late reply. Thank you for your answer.
Shortly after your answer I looked at the website it concerns and see there: Everything worked - without me doing anything. It also worked for my customer.
Because systems usually don’t repair themselves, you must have done something to fix the problem.
I couldn’t explain everything else.

To answer your question about the firewall: No, my customer didn’t change anything on the system or anything similar that might have caused the frozen editor. Especially since it also appeared with me, on various systems.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Dennis

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.