Full page navigation issues

Hi Webflow Community,

I’m experiencing two issues with my full page navigation and was hoping to get some help.

1. Does anyone happen to know a custom code work around for closing and resetting the navigation when an external link in the navigation menu is clicked? (Example: A store link in nav clicks out to a shopify page that opens in a new window. When the user comes back to the site, that nav is still sitting open.

2. When on an iPad and switching from tablet portrait to landscape, the full navigation splits in two when in tablet landscape view. This is only happening in Chrome, so I am guess it has something to do with how the browser is rendering the code. See below for reference.

Thanks so much in advance for the help!

Here is my site Read-Only:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/offshorespars?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=offshorespars&preview=913d39611d4cc396a8ddd058c178901f&mode=preview

Hey there!!

1. The easiest way to do this and not use code would likely be to create a menu close animation that you trigger with a click on the external links in your menu. That way, when a user clicks and a new window/tab opens to render the external page, your website will run the menu close animation. You should be able to just copy whatever animation you’ve already used for your close button.

2. This I would need to look into more but after a brief peak at your project I can see a lot of splitting of the menu content with different dividers. They have all kinds of padding, margin and flex settings applied. I would suggested toying around with these settings a bit to see if it helps the issue. I also see that you have 4 divider elements in the menu, 2 of which are set to display none. This is another area you may want to investigate.