On a different note, I’ve been researching the topic quite a bit. See my conclusions here:
I have there a summary of:
- Privacy and cookies requirements in the EU
- Privacy and cookies requirements in the US
I have also tried and compared 8 tools:
- Cookie Pro
- Insite’s Cookie Consent
- Consent Assist
- Cookie Script
- Easy Cookie
Pretty much all of the tools are just a half way compliance implementation so I thought it was worth sharing my findings.
I’m personally going with Iubenda because:
- It’s the cheapest of the paid solutions which are the most complete ones. It’s just $27 per year
- With a team of lawyers, they keep the policies accurate, customized, and up-to-date
- The banner is fully customizable with HTML and CSS
- The banner has explicit consent (an “accept” button that you can add)
The code is short, it fits on Webflow’s Custom Code field
It also works on Podia (which I use for course creation and publishing)
It blocks almost every code, I went on my Custom Code and added the class Iubenda asks for to block the ones I have added myself. For the rest, only essential cookies are fired without consent (which is ok with the privacy and GDPR requirements)
Anyway, I hope this helps someone else wondering how to best go about it too!
PS: If you are reading this and have any other options, or comments, please comment it here or in the document!