Getting Disqus to load dynamically in Webflow Blog

Hi Webflowers - I’m having a hard time getting Disqus to load comments dynamically in my blog - has anyone had luck with this? I see a handful of posts here in the forum and have tried them all but still have no luck - I can only get one comment section from Disqus to work, not one for each blog post.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/crispina?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=crispina&preview=17facad30cff1adc66b220f04237997b&mode=preview

Any ideas? As always thanks for insight!

Hello, @owntone !

Brandon here with the Webflow Customer Support Team!

I will be happy to help you with your issue regarding Disqus integration.

What I see so far is that you have your code right, except for the page-identifier.

This is where the Page ID will need to be added. Each Page has its own unique ID for making changes and updates.

You can find a Zapier video made by @rileyrichter a few months back and it will show you how to get that Page ID. You will need to make a new field in your CMS and then use that Field instead of the Slug Field you currently have connected to it.

Here is that video link: Webflow OKC Meetup // Apps + Zaps - YouTube

Good luck and enjoy!

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~

Thanks so much for the quick reply Brandon!

I watched that video - not exactly sure but is the only way to find the Page ID by going through Zapier? Still a little confused.

Thanks

Hi, @owntone - here’s an overview on how to get Disqus comments to work on a Webflow blog! :webflow_heart:

Hope this helps!

1 Like