Google is finding my unindexed prototypes

Finding that google searches bringing up my working .webflow.com sites even when I’ve turn on the unindex feature in settings and/or add “METANAME=“ROBOTS” CONTENT=“NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW”” to the head of each page.

Also shows indexed pages of sites that I’ve since unpublished.

What is the sure-fire way to have these pages/sites removed from google indexing???

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ellington-realty-group?preview=e2d8b08ee3be94612b7d6e1f11eba30a

Hi @Port_of_Folio

If the site was published prior to turning on the unindex feature, search engines like Google will more than likely still have indexed those pages.

Now that the unindex setting is enabled, though, Google won’t re-index your pages moving forward. In other words that setting isn’t retroactive.

You may want to look into how to remove pages that have already been indexed from Google’s results. You may find this resources helpful: Removing Pages From Google: A Comprehensive Guide For Content Owners

Hope this helps!

Yep. That’s what happened. We have some redirects set up in the meantime, as things filter out.
Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.