Google Maps API integration

Hello,
I am installing my google maps into web designer. I am getting the error message.

Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

How can I correct this?

Thanks!

Hello @Doug23

Have you followed all the following steps?

Yes I have followed the instructions per that video. I have the API key installed so I get generic map showing in the designer, but when I go to the published website I get the error message.

Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

1 Like

Hello @Doug23 Go to the API console and select your project

Next go to Credentials

Open the API settings

Go to API Key restrictions and select HTTP referrers (web sites)

Next add the domains under > Accept requests from these HTTP referrers (web sites)

I’m using the custom domain and also the webflow project domain. Wait 10 minutes and check. Tell me if works.

Greetings,

Piter

2 Likes

Hello,
Thank you for the detailed instructions. I am still getting the error message.
Any other suggestions?

Regards,
Doug

Hi there,
If you are still struggling with “This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly” error, then I can recommend you a solution which for sure will help you. The first thing you have to do is, check the problem which you has occurred on your website. You can do it by opening a special tool which will list your error - just use ctrl + shift + j shortcut. When you are going to do it, take a look at this guide, which gives many various solutions for very different errors.

1 Like

Thanks, this really helped me…